Monday, December 31, 2012

2012.


It has been quite a ride for me this year.

Of all the works, the pressure, the sleepless weeks (you don't count them in nights when you are in architecture school), all the emotions, all the heartbreaks, all the tears, and not to forget the sweetest kiss, the smile, the laughter and the joyous moments. All I can summarised is that, I survived 2012. Well, the whole world survived actually. However, I think I survived gracefully. Well, overall I think the biggest lesson I learn this year is about people. Make sure you know the person well by open your eyes widely with a clear and rational brain.


Travelling. 

This year, I have been travelling a lot I guess. Well, although its not a massive Europe or Aussie or maybe a New York trip, yet all the trips are still pretty memorable. Me and my friends travelled to Bangkok on the April and celebrated the Songkran with the Siamese. It was really an experience. The best thing is, we get to know each other more deeply. Then we also travelled to Sabah. Sabah is really an amazing state. With the exotic sceneries and adventurous moments, it is definitely hard to believe and imagine how much Sabah has to offer to everyone. Sabah trip was during October. And straight after the Sabah trip, I flew to Singapore. This is for the first time I 'fly' to Singapore. There, I met one of my best friends in NUS. Having friendship with him is such an honour. Although sometimes I still cannot tolerate all of his stupid attitudes and ego, he is still the only person I would treasure and appreciate. It's quite hard to explain why, but I guess that's true friendship. Then me and my family went to Langkawi. That trip with family was kinda meaningful actually. There were something quite sad happened, though its just a small conflict, with parents, but it was still a good one. At least we as children learnt our lesson. 

Coursemate. Travel mate. At Bangkok. 

Sabah trip with my coursemates. It is really a damn cool thing to be with these people. 

Langkawi trip with family.


You know, travelling is something very interesting. You get to know how beautiful the world is. At the same time, you get to know yourself even more. Culture, food, architecture. And best of all, people. And not to mention yourself. All are memories worth treasure. 


Friendship.

I used to think that, you don't need a lot of friends. One or two best friends will make your life worth enough to compose a book or a song. This year, I met quite some really nice friend. The ones whom I can share my secrets, hunt for food together, share my pain, support me and give me strength. It is really cool to have such friends. However, something quite devastating happened to me lately. Just lately. Did something quite stupid and eventually hurt myself. I used to thought that that person can be my best friend. Somehow, I was being betrayed and spent almost 2 weeks to get myself back to normal. There were hatred, disappointment, and sadness of course. I am this kind of person where I can be very kind to everyone. I don't mind you take me for granted, manipulate me or even bullied me. I really don't mind. However, I still have my own bottom line. Now that that person has successfully triggered my bottom line, certain consequences shall be faced. 2012, I might be weak, indecision, or maybe a little soft and gentle. Yet, in 2013, no more. "4 more months, then I shall forget you." Friends that share your secrets with others are literally and utterly useless and hopeless. Nevertheless, there are still some really close friends around me. I really thank God for this. Really appreciate every moment being with them especially with this guy who called Karluis. What is so great with him? What if I say...meeting him makes me believe I am still alive? That's the feeling.

A super random with Sam, YannHerng, Suyen and Hadri. At  Genting. Tiring but fun ecperience. 

With high school friends. Still glad that we are still keeping in touch. :)

Two of my very very best friends. Sorry JinYun for not including you here.  

There is no doubt that friends make your life interesting. More fun, and more adventurous. Just be careful on friends selection. Not everyone can be trusted. And don't fully trust everyone, even he or she is your bestest friend. Humans have mouth. Unless he or she is death. Only the dead ones can keep secret so beware. Treat those who know how to appreciate your kindness better. And treat those who don't give you a damn fuck less better. Don't treat them bad. Just treat them slightly worse cause you this is the way to discover true friendship. I hope you understand what I wrote.


School.

Being an architecture student, there are so many interesting stuffs to learn. Its not like the other subjects like law, medicine, physics, biology and maths. Architecture is about everything in your life. The chairs you are sitting, the cup you are drinking, the pen you are writing, the floor you are standing, the roads you are driving, the classrooms you are studying, the offices you are working in and even the toilet you are using. Architecture is really a tough course. Not everyone can handle it. Really, you have to cope with so many knowledge at the same time. Not only that, your working attitude has to be in the best mode possible.   Time planning and management, decision making, working efficiency, and the most important element, design. Everything has to be in the right pace only you can survive. Architects don't just design buildings. They design the whole environment for both the living things and the non-living things. Best of all, architecture teaches us how to become a human. Not just about being a successful people or something, just simply human. Life. The basic discipline, the basic attitude. 

First Year 2nd Semester's PortFolio. My work. 

Studio is really a cool place. With fast internet, nice coursemates around, and best of all, I don't have to stay in that tiny little room facing something I don't wanna see. Architecture taught me how to be tough. So does studio. 


Her. 

Our stories starts since 26th March 2012. I guess this is also another very special thing happened in my 2012. Actually there were a couple of times I doubted this relationship due to my personal worries and stuffs. However, she was really nice. Really support me and loved me. Although it is not secret that she like me more than I like her, this doesn't mean that we are not lovingly sweet. I am perhaps a little ego, and a little bitchy, but she is the one always balances me up. We didn't fight before. Just maybe some minor misunderstood and argument. I know in some point I had made her cried, made her suffer perhaps. But, still we are holding each other's hand continuing the sweet romance. 

With her. At Sabah. 
Our Singapore trip. Actually...something happened between us during the time we went travel together...yet everything was sort of settled then making our relationship even more interesting. :)




















The fact that I used to be with her makes me wonder how will it be after we graduate. She is from JB and I am from KL. If I didn't continue my studies to JB. But that's not the important thing, the thing is, we still have time now to make our relationship as interesting as possible, as memorable as possible, as beautiful as possible. Love is in the air. Obviously.



---------------------------------



So overall...to sum up this year, I'd say I grow wiser, and stronger. I love 2012. Actually there are still quite some things to write on. However, those I supposed it is better to just remain in my mind. I am a big spender, lazy bum, a sleepy head, and a very weak and quite emotional person in 2012. So, next year, no more those. Its gonna be the new me. It has to be. xoxo 2012.